Is your Will up to date?
A Will is a document made by a person to:
- Appoint someone of their choice as Executor to administer their Estate after death, and
- Dispose of all their real and personal property after death.
There are formal legal requirements for a Will to be valid:
- the person making the Will must be over 18 years of age;
- the person must be of sound mind;
- the Will must be in writing and be clearly identified as the person’s Will;
- the Will must be signed by the person making the Will in the presence of two witnesses who are over 18 years of age and who are not beneficiaries; and
- the person making the Will and the witnesses must all sign in the presence of each other.
You can include in your Will details of your funeral, burial or cremation, whether you want to donate your organs and you can appoint a guardian for your infant children.
For more information visit their website at http://kroonlegal.com.au.
Kroon Legal provides legal advice and representation to individuals, families, small businesses and organisations and has provided legal advice in the south west for over 15 years.
Contact Rod Kroon on 9721 900 for all of your legal services.
Located at 18 Carey Street in Bunbury.