Ten reasons why you should have your vehicle serviced every six months regardless of kilometres travelled.
- A well tuned engine uses less fuel and produces fewer emissions.
- Engine oil loses its effectiveness over time. It needs to be replaced regularly to extend engine life.
- Leaking oil or other fluids can cause a costly major breakdown or accident.
- Brakes must be checked and adjusted regularly to ensure roadworthiness and safety.
- All moving parts must be lubricated to avoid unnecessary wear and tear.
- Loose belts can cause engine failure and damage.
- Lights must be frequently checked and adjusted for legal and safe operation.
- Tyres should be checked and inflated to correct pressure to extend their life.
- Steering and suspension components should be checked to extend their life.
- Regular servicing documented in your Log Book enhances the resale value of your vehicle
If you hear any grinding noises or feel unusual vibrations when you apply the brakes, or if the vehicle pulls to one side, bring it in to have it check by the team at Ultimate Auto Service Centre. It would be a good idea just to have your brakes checked regularly as I’m sure you will agree when it comes to family safety, we cannot put a value to it.
Make sure your car’s heating and A/C is working properly. Run it for a while in each of its operating modes and check that the airflow is coming from all appropriate vents. If the A/C system takes an inordinately long time to cool the inside of the car, or if the air never gets cold enough, the system probably needs to be checked for leaks and recharged.
Checking all of your vehicle’s fluid levels is vital to prevent unnecessary costly repairs. This includes engine oil, coolant, transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and windshield washer fluid. Most new cars have transparent reservoir tanks and in many cases, you don’t even have to get your hands dirty. So call in and see the team at Ultimate Auto Service Centre and we will check these for you.
Belts and Hoses
Checking all the drive belts and hoses for any signs of wear and deterioration is also very important. Belts that are frayed, glazed, cracked, cut or have chunks missing should be replaced immediately.
Maintaining correct tyre pressures is so important, this will also make the vehicle ride correctly on the road and improves braking along with increases fuel economy.
Sustained highway speed driving and hot summer days combine to put a lot of stress on an engine’s cooling system. If your vehicles is using conventional coolant and hasn’t been flushed for two years, now is an excellent time to do it. The cooling system should be refilled with the correct coolant to prevent costly repairs.
If your vehicle’s system needs attention, come in a have a chat with the team at
Ultimate Auto Service Centre.